Position is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and evaluation of fisheries management programs in an 18 county district in southern Indiana.
-Improves sport fishing in public waters through application of biologically sound fish management techniques.
-Protects and improves aquatic habitat for sport fish as well as other aquatic life.
-Assists district biologist in planning and conducting population investigations, compiling and interpreting scientific data, writing scientific reports.
-Other duties include employee supervision and public relations activities.
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
• Choice of four medical plans (including RX coverage), vision and dental
• Wellness program that offers eligibility into a discounted medical plan
• Health savings account, offered for most medical plans, includes state contributions
• Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
• 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
To apply, do an advanced search for Job Opening ID: 612590
Posting Title: Assistant Fisheries Biologist- Division of Fish and Wildlife
External Candidate Expiration Date: 12/28/2017
B.S. degree in Fisheries or closely related aquatic science field from accredited college or university
-Must be able to obtain an Indiana driver's license; must have excellent oral and written communication skills
-Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize variable workloads and multiple projects
-Must be able to operate and maintain wide variety of equipment.