The School of Natural Resources and the Environment (SNRE) at the University of Arizona seeks a Career Track Professor (Professor of Practice) to teach traditional and online courses primarily in our undergraduate core and general education offerings. This is a 9-month teaching position (1.0 FTE), and although it is non-tenure eligible, it does offer renewable contracts up to 3-year periods and the opportunity to advance in rank (Assistant to Associate; Associate to Full). The position principally involves teaching SNRE courses both in a traditional format and online in the fall and spring as well as other varied service related duties and begins August 13th, 2018. Diversity of thought, background, and experience powers our culture of innovation, success, and life-changing discovery. We welcome candidates who have the academic qualifications appropriate for the position and the ability to work effectively within a broadly diverse community of students and scholars.
More information: https://snre.arizona.edu/career-track-professor-practice-snre
Apply here: https://uacareers.com/postings/26309
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Master’s degree in environmental sciences, natural resources, or other such related discipline;
- Teaching and student-mentoring experience in traditional classroom settings at a college or university level; and
- Demonstrated ability to design college/university-level curriculum.
- PhD in environmental sciences, natural resources, or other related disciplines;
- Strong experience in the design and teaching of traditional and online courses at the college/university level;
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, engage, and motivate students; and
- Demonstrated excellence in participant-centered learning (PCL) at the college/university level.