Assistant Professor - Tenure Track
Department of Biology
College of Science, Technology, Engineering Mathematics
Teaching responsibilities will include fisheries, wildlife, or conservation biology courses, and other biology courses for majors and non-majors. Undergraduate advising of biology majors is expected. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a research program in wildlife or fisheries biology involving undergraduate and graduate students.
• Ph.D. or ABD (with Ph.D. by August 2020) in a directly related field to wildlife or conservation biology (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
• Evidence of active research in wildlife or fisheries biology with the potential to engage Southeast students in those activities
• Experience teaching at college/university level as a graduate assistant, instructor, or above
• Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
• Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university, Southeast Missouri State University seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate and graduate education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional blended and online formats and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Scholarship in Teaching and Learning and Southeast Online.
Departmental Information: Information regarding the Department of Biology can be found at https://www.semo.edu/biology/.
Application Deadline: The position is available August 2020 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by October 1, 2019.
To Apply: Submit the following items online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/semoedu/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1
• Letter of interest addressing all position qualifications
• Current curriculum vitae
• Statement of Teaching Philosophy
• Statement of Research Interests
• Statement of Commitment to Diversity
• Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts required for employment)
• Names and contact information of three professional references