In collaboration with the project team and scientists in the field, the Post-Doctoral Fellow will:
• Use existing data and models to emulate and simulate changes to fish stocks in response to climate change.
• Develop an understanding of Icelandic fishery management and governance systems.
• Identify likely impacts of climate change to Iceland’s fishery sectors and communities.
• Identify fishery management methods and approaches responsive to these challenges, using attributes of resilience as a guiding framework.
• A recent Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g., fisheries science, ecology, physical oceanography, natural resource management, etc.).
• Experience with ecosystem processes and ecosystem-based fisheries management.
• Strong quantitative skills, including demonstrated experience and fluency in statistical modeling languages (e.g. R and MATLAB).
• Understanding of fishery management and governance systems.