Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Avian Field Technician-Illinois
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
$10/hour, 40 hours/week
Last Date to Apply
Field Research Technician needed mid-March through mid-June (potential for extension) to assist with the study of Common Grackle (COGR) post-fledgling behavior and survival in relation to agricultural pesticide use. Primary tasks will include tracking via radio telemetry, trapping and banding, nest searching, and morphometric data collection. Fieldwork will be based out of Champaign in central Illinois.
• BS in wildlife or closely related field
• Experience handling or working with birds/wildlife
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Good physical health and positive attitude
• Willingness to work long hours outdoors
• Willingness to work in adverse weather conditions
• Valid driver’s license
Preference will be given to applicants with radio-telemetry, banding, and/or nest searching experience.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references in a single PDF document to Noah Horsley (email@example.com).