Job Description and Primary Responsibilities:
• Increase capacity and reach of state chapter. A primary focus of the duties will include increasing membership, event planning, fundraising, merchandise sales and working with the chapter to advance state and national conservation programs.
• Serve as a liaison between BHA headquarters and the leadership of state chapter.
• Recruit and encourage strong volunteer leaders.
• Enhance grassroots conservation efforts of state chapter including but not limited to keeping public lands in public hands, preserving and expanding public lands and stream/waterway access, protecting the Smith River, advancing Habitat Montana and place-based conservation efforts, and promoting fair chase and fishing ethics.
• Work collaboratively with other conservation partners and elected and administrative state and federal officials on priority conservation campaigns.
• Work with and maintain regular communications with chapter leaders to keep volunteers informed and motivated about the organization and its mission, activities, goals and fundraising efforts.
• Work with the BHA team to build major gift, corporate, foundation, grant and planned giving relationships to escalate our mission-related efforts.
• Plan and conduct meetings with chapter.
• Work with BHA's communications staff to highlight grassroots engagement on priority policies.
• Coordinate and monitor Montana chapter social media platforms.
• The team member we desire is innovative and a creative thinker with a proven success of following through with his/her ideas.
• Demonstrated, results-oriented organizational, leadership and sales skills.
• General knowledge of Montana history, conservation issues, hunting, fishing, economics and current political landscape.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred plus two years of practical experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and interact with sportsmen and sportswomen and a general knowledge of public land and water conservation issues.
• Innovative and resourceful self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision.
• Belief in and commitment to BHA's work and mission.
• Public lands hunter and/or angler.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to lift 25lbs and have a valid driver’s license.