Primary responsibilities will include preparing for and conducting field work for bat projects but will also assist with Delmarva fox projects on a regular basis. Incumbent will deploy acoustic arrays, run acoustic transect surveys, assist with volunteer communication and management, analyze bat calls, prepare outreach materials, resolve bat/human conflicts, and assist with data entry. May also conduct bat catches and telemetry. Delmarva fox squirrel project work will include helping with translocation, telemetry and data management, including GIS work. Will occasionally help with a project at Fort Delaware State Park that involves educating visitors on the importance of bats, the effect of White-nose Syndrome on bats and what people can do to help protect bats. Must be able to carry heavy and awkward equipment through the woods in difficult weather conditions (heat, humidity, insects). This position will also assist with other Fish and Wildlife projects.
--- NOTE: Job will be filled once a suitable candidate is found and therefore may be filled prior to the application deadline.
Applicants must have education, training, and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
• Utilizes and maintains various scientific instruments, boats and/or all-terrain vehicles
• Conducts complex fieldwork to collect samples and survey data.
• Participates in preparation of technical reports under guidance of supervisor
• Processes biological samples.
• May direct the work of lower level seasonal staff or volunteers.
• Communicates with the general public, contractors and vendors.
• Provides field (e.g., controlled sampling) and/or laboratory support to professional staff involved in research or program development for managing the quality of natural resources.
• Must be able to demonstrate responsibility, dependability, and good communication skills.
---- TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Delaware's Employment link for this position: https://www.jobapscloud.com/DE/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=031622&R2=MGCC02&R3=400307