Biological Monitoring Student Worker-Minnesota

Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
Brainerd, MN
Job Category
Temporary/Seasonal Positions
Last Date to Apply
Serve on a field crew to sample approximately 50 sites for fish, invertebrates, habitat measurements, and water chemistry in order to assess water quality of Minnesota’s streams; help maintain field equipment; keep field records.
Minimum Qualifications: College student majoring in a water related science, environmental protection or a related degree field. To be eligible for appointment as a Student Worker you must be a student enrolled in an educational program or planning to enroll within three months. Students may be "off" for the summer or for one semester/quarter and remain employed as student workers, but such absences cannot exceed one semester/quarter in a year. As a student you must be enrolled in a post-secondary or graduate program. If a student is enrolled at a credit-granting institution he/she must carry at least six semester (nine quarter) credits. If enrolled at a non-credit granting institution or one that only offers one credit per class, a student must be taking two or more classes per semester/quarter. Any lesser credit (class) load shall be treated as a semester/quarter off. Graduate students must be enrolled in at least two courses or making progress on a dissertation. You will be asked to complete an Educational Verification form prior to appointment. Preferred Qualifications: Coursework in ichthyology, fisheries science, aquatic invertebrates, water chemistry, or aquatic ecology. Experience working with data using Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of water and boat safety. Ability to work in a team setting. Good communication skills Physical Requirements: Must be physically able to perform field work associated with monitoring projects. This many include loading/unloading vehicles and boats with field equipment, trailering and launching boats, and working in and/or near rivers and streams. Capable of some physical exertion in summer heat and sun. Work can take place in inclement weather. Additional Requirements  Must have the ability to travel 100% time  Must have a valid driver’s license Typical schedule is Monday-Thursday 10+ hour days
Contact Person
Chad Anderson
Contact Phone
Contact eMail
Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.