Sapphos Environmental, Inc. is seeking a highly experienced and qualified Biological Resources Specialist with extensive technical expertise and project coordination capabilities. This position requires exemplary stakeholder awareness and experience in the aspects of private consulting dynamics. The ability to adapt in a constantly shifting environment with workload priorities changeable at all times, effective time management, and a repertoire of biological and environmental compliance technical knowledge. Under the direction of the Biological Resources Manager, this position would require the employee to concurrently manage multiple projects, including the coordination and scheduling of deliverables and project budgets; design and conduct field studies; prepare technical reports; respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Qualifications (RFQs); and prepare and provide input to proposals. The willingness to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry is a must.
· Attend, direct, and prepare for stakeholders’ meetings.
· Facilitate and directly acquire necessary permits in accord with various agencies’ regulations.
· Review, explain, and revise environmental compliance documents such as: EIRs, EIS, Incidental Take Permits, Permits, Amendments.
· Coordinate budgets and labor specifications with PMs, field crew, technical managers, and other stakeholders.
· Work to the satisfaction of the client and foster a strong company-client relationship.
· Create accurate and manageable schedules for project work, understanding scope and remaining in budget, with the assistance of the PMO and project management software.
· Identify appropriate resources in preparing technical documents. Document coordination efforts in Contact Report Forms (CRFs). Evaluate sources and check for accuracy.
· Identify appropriate subcontractors and supervise subcontractor work performance.
· Make competent, accurate, well prepared, and illustrated public presentations and - participate in project-related public meetings (scoping, public review, and certification).
· Obtain and maintain appropriate permits and licenses, including state collecting permits.
· Attend meetings with clients at the request of project managers to provide expertise and consultation related to biological resources endeavors.
· Write technically and procedurally adequate, legally defensible, organized, accurate, and grammatically correct technical documents.
· Maintain the administrative record for all projects as specified in company procedures.
· Assist in marketing efforts and development of project proposals.
· Assist in scheduling, logistical coordination, and budget and resource management for projects.
· Participate in fieldwork expeditions when necessary.
· Location: Pasadena, CA
· Salary: $68,640 – $81,120
· Benefits: medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401k/Roth retirement accounts, flexible spending account, generous PTO package with up to 12 paid holidays (2 more after one year), annual training allotment, annual gym allotment, monthly public transportation stipend, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
· PhD and 3+years of experience OR Master and 6+years of experience OR Bachelor degree and 9+ years of experience in Biology, Botany, Environmental Sciences, Ecology or other related field.
· Regulatory compliance and oversight.
· Must be knowledgeable of southern California plant and wildlife communities
· Must have experience with CEQA and NEPA regulatory compliance.
· Demonstrable planning, communication, scheduling, project tracking and organizational skills
· Stakeholder relationship building, coordination and cooperation experience
· Dispute resolution and problem solving skills
· Strong expertise in the acquisition of permits through various agencies
· Professional certifications a PLUS.
· Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
· Versatile and proven team player.