Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Biological Science Technician (Plants) GS-4/5: North Dakota
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Lake Sakakawea, North Dakota
Last Date to Apply
Job description is as follows:
• This job is for biological science technicians that would work under the noxious weed and habitat program at the Garrison project on Lake Sakakawea
• Use GPS units to survey 1000’s of acres of project land for noxious weeds
• Survey native prairie plantings for composition and success of plantings
• Assist in tree planting activities (variable)
• Utilize ATV’s to treat grasslands for noxious weeds and dam structures for dam safety compliance
• Use 4x4 trucks to haul trailers to and from work sites daily
• Take ATV training on site and get an ATV certification from the ATV institute
• Take pesticide applicators test and get certified as a North Dakota Pesticide Applicator (at gov’t cost)
• All training for the job is done on site at no cost to the summer hire for all duties expected of the applicant for the season
• Other job duties as assigned
• The potential GS range for the position is 4/5
• Start Dates are flexible but would be around the end of May – Sept 30th 2021.
• Housing is not included with the position but averages somewhere around $300 per month for summer hires in this area
Bachelor's/Associates Degree in natural resource management, wildlife biology or related field is recommended.
Prior experience with plant identification is recommended.
Valid state drivers license is required for the position.
Applicant must pass a basic work physical for the position.
No prior experience is required for this position as all responsibilities of the applicant will be trained for on site at the project office at no cost to the applicant.