Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 412 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech Inc. is currently Seeking local applicants for avian point count surveys as part of baseline environmental surveys conducted for two proposed wind farm sites in South-Central Texas.
Field biologist to begin work in March 2019 and to continue work until mid-August 2019. Schedule will be variable, and hours worked could range from 30-45 hours per survey week approximately 105 hours a month through August 2019. Hours will likely be reduced to approximately 60 hours per month from mid-August through February 2020. Allotted hours include travel to and from the field location.
Applicants should reside within approximately 5 hours of both sites, which includes, but is not limited to, Austin, Abilene, San Antonio, Fort Stockton/Alpine, Laredo, and Lubbock.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The field biologist will be responsible for adhering to standardized protocols as trained for avian point count surveys
• The field biologists will also be responsible for checking bat acoustic detectors and maintaining them in working condition
• The field biologist will be responsible for their own housing during the study period
• Field biologist must pass driver background check and will use a rental car during surveys
• A tablet will be provided for electronic data collection
• Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive to environmental studies within the wind industry
• Position will be open until filled
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Wildlife Management, etc.
• preferred Individuals currently seeking degree and/or other enthusiastic workers with the necessary skills are encouraged to apply
• Previous field work in wildlife studies with preference given to experience with avian species
• Be willing to adhere to all personal safety requirements
• Comfortable in harsh weather conditions (i.e., extreme heat and cold, high winds, all forms of precipitation)
• Physically capable of extensive walking to survey points
• Experience with 4WD vehicles, valid driver's license and clean driving record
• Skilled use of compass, topographic maps, GPS unit, tablet, and other field equipment
• Able to accurately identify bird species in the region
• Must be able to follow instructions from Tetra Tech staff and collect precise and thorough data
• Skilled communication have the ability to maintain positive attitude and to accept guidance and constructive criticism
• Have current First Aid/CPR training or be willing to attend class and get certified
• Able to work independently and as a part of a team, and interact positively with project manager, site personnel, client, and landowners
• Able to have flexibility in scheduling due to changing field conditions
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.