Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech, Inc. Seeking Field Biologists to provide field support for post-construction mortality monitoring in Pecos and Nolan counties, Texas near Iraan and Trent. The purpose of the proposed monitoring is to study patterns of avian and bat mortality associated with turbine operation at the Project. The field biologists will be responsible for implementing post-construction avian and bat mortality monitoring, including fatality searches and bias correction trials while adhering to standardized protocols and keeping detailed datasheets.
The two (2) field biologists to begin work March 4th and to continue work until mid-November 2019. Schedule will be variable, and hours worked could range from 30-50 hours during a survey week. Field work is expected to be completed every week at two different sites. Hours include travel to and from the field location. Applicants should reside within approximately 2 hours of both sites, which includes, but is not limited to, Midland-Odessa, TX and San Angelo, TX
The field biologist will be responsible for adhering to standardized protocols as trained for post-avian point count surveys. The field biologist will be responsible for their own housing during the study period. Relocation expenses will not be authorized. A work vehicle will be provided for Project use and the field biologist must pass driver background check. A tablet will be provided for electronic data collection. Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive to environmental studies within the wind industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The field biologist will be responsible for adhering to standardized protocols as trained for post-avian point count surveys
• The field biologist will be responsible for their own housing during the study period
• Relocation expenses will not be authorized
• A work vehicle will be provided for Project use and the field biologist must pass driver background check. A tablet will be provided for electronic data collection
• Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive to environmental studies within the wind industry
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
• BS Science (Biology, Environmental Science, Wildlife Management, etc.) preferred
• Previous field work in wildlife ecology with preference given to experience with avian and/or bat species
• Able to accurately identify local wildlife species by sight
• Willing to adhere to all personal safety requirements associated with working at an operating wind farm
• Comfortable in harsh weather conditions and rugged terrain (i.e., extreme heat or cold, high winds, all forms of precipitation)
• Physically capable of extensive walking while following transects
• Ability to navigate using a compass and/or GPS unit
• Licensed driver with a good record
• Comfortable handling bird and small mammal carcasses under standard safety protocols
• Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team, while maintaining good communication with Tetra Tech staff
• Must have flexibility in scheduling due to changing field conditions
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.