Description of Job Duties: Most work would consist of collecting forest attribute data on U.S. Forest Service land in close proximity to Taos, with some work in southern Colorado. Specifically, the technicians would mostly work in teams of two, under supervision of a Crew Leader. Hiking of up to five miles per day could occur, but most days would be less.
Work schedule: Variable; but will consist of a combination of: 8 days on/6 days off, or 5-6 days on/3-4 days off.
• Must be physically fit and able to hike five miles in rugged conditions
• Some previous college coursework in Natural Resources or related field
• Experience with data collection
• Preferred CPR or Wilderness First Aid certification
• Degree in Natural Resources (or related field), or experience with forest mensuration
• Preference will be given to students working toward a degree in Natural Resources or related fields
• Orienteering experience