Biologist/Environmental Scientist Intern
Cypress Environmental Consulting is currently seeking a Biologist or Environmental Scientist Intern to provide field and technical support to our environmental team. This role will involve conducting environmental site assessments, including wetland delineations, threatened and endangered species surveys, habitat assessments, and vegetation surveys for a variety of municipal, transportation, pipeline, and land development projects utilizing GPS equipment. Site assessments require field work and a strong scientific writing component. The position will split its time between field work and the office, with opportunity for the right candidate to grow this role into a longer term position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The applicant must possess a strong desire to learn, have excellent communication skills, and be able to contribute effectively as a team member. Candidates with proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS and field experience conducting threatened and endangered species surveys, plant identification, GPS data collection, and wetland and wildlife survey methods are required. In addition, familiarity with federal and state environmental regulations and regulatory permitting pertaining to a variety of municipal, transportation, land development, and natural resource projects is beneficial.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in biology, wildlife and fisheries, ecology, rangeland science, environmental sciences or similar field
• 1-5 years of related professional experience
• Effective technical writing and verbal communication abilities
• Must possess a positive attitude and be willing to work independently as well as a member of a team
• Proficient utilizing GPS equipment and ArcGIS
• Compile and produce sound and well-organized technical documents using a variety of computer software.
• This position requires a flexible schedule and the ability to mobilize to project locations and perform work during all weather conditions, which may involve hiking up to 10 miles per day in harsh terrain
• Willing and able to travel on short notice, and work in remote locations for short and long duration
• Completion of a 40-hour wetland delineation training course and regulatory permitting experience is preferred
• Valid driver license and clean driving record
• May be required to obtain health and safety certifications, industry-approved trainings, or project-specific certifications
• Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment.
Cypress Environmental Consulting LLC supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply for this position, please email your Cover Letter, Resume, 3 References, and College Transcript (official or unofficial).