Employment Status: Full-Time – Avg. 40 hours per week
FLSA Status: Exempt - Salaried
Location: Paint Lick, Kentucky
# of Hires Needed: 1 - 3
Amount of Travel: Estimated between 75% - 80% during peak seasons
About the opportunity
Do you have the passion to advance a conservation ethic, inspire biological curiosity, and drive environmental innovation? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your skillset with some of the most passionate and multidisciplinary technical experts in the industry? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Copperhead Environmental Consulting is expanding our team and actively seeking a Biologist to join our family of professional consultants. We are seeking a candidate who is looking to develop a long-term career in the environmental consulting industry and is open to diversification across the company. Responsibilities may include participating in implementing scientific studies, surveys, assisting with study plans, reports, and preparing vehicles and field equipment for field projects.
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• 401k, including a company match
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Successfully complete various surveys
o Bats, birds, insects, fish, mussels, plants, wetlands, etc.
• Be a mentor to other staff & be mentored on the job
• Participate in many roles as part of a project team
o These roles will vary depending on project needs and individual skills and experience
• Read and familiarize yourself with contracts and scope of work
• Equipment transportation, set-up, and breakdown
• Coordinate with field technicians to ensure all proper PPE and field gear is available for projects
• Assist with data collection and data management
• Maintenance and care of field data and specimens
• Conduct data analysis and literature research
• Equipment and vehicle maintenance, prep, and decontamination
• Improve and increase specific skill sets
Copperhead is a growing full-service environmental firm headquartered in the historic village of Paint Lick, Kentucky, but with satellite offices across the Eastern U.S. To ensure our clients receive the highest quality services, we remain dedicated and focused in our areas of expertise. Our Mission Statement reads, “Exceptional service and expertise driven by a passion for the natural world.” If this resonates with you, then Copperhead may be just the place for you!
Equal Opportunity Employment
Copperhead Environmental Consulting is an equal employment opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, or other statuses protected by law.
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in biology, environmental science, wildlife management, natural resources, or closely related field of study
• At least 2 – 4 years of progressive experience in biological surveys and resource management
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in writing technical reports
• Ability to promote Copperhead’s services internally and externally
• The ideal candidate will also possess strong wildlife and plant identification skills
• Candidates who hold a federal bat permit or have the capability to be added to a federal permit, will get top consideration
• Candidates with experience conducting avian surveys will also be given top consideration
• Experience with alternative energy surveys is a plus
• Ability to take initiative, resolve problems and ensure tasks are completed in the most effective and safe manner possible
• Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently to make decisions and complete tasks in the most effective and safe manner possible
• Must hold a valid driver’s license