Benchmark is an environmental consulting and services company, located in Brookshire Texas, offering a wide range of services including; ecological assessment, eco-toxicology, environmental impact studies, wetland delineations, environmental permitting, environmental sampling (water, sediment, and biological), wetland construction/restoration, and wildlife ecology.
Benchmark is currently soliciting applications for employment for Environmental Technicians. Listed below are some of the tasks associated with the position:
• Environmental Sampling (Soil, Water, Biological)
• GPS/GIS Mapping
• Assist/Conduct with Wetlands Evaluations; including wetland determination/delineation
• Mobilizing and demobilizing for field studies
• Habitat assessment and mapping.
• Threatened and Endangered Species Surveys
• Data Entry
• Environmental Permitting, including Army Corps of Engineers 404
The majority of Benchmark projects involve some aspect of coastal ecology. A willingness to work in the field and travel is a must. Position will require approximately 30% travel and 40% time in the field.
• Bachelor level or higher degree in environmental or related sciences.
• 0-5-yrs. Experience in one or more of the above listed disciplines.
• Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License
In addition to the above qualifications listed below are desirable qualifications.
• Experience with GIS software (ArcView) ,
• Comfortable working with Excel and Word
• Technical Writing Skills
• Knowledge of and operational experience with small watercraft and ATVs.
• Plant Identification Skills
• HAZWOPER Training