As a Biologist within the Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences Center some of your specific duties will include:
1) Develops plans for biology projects including estimates of personnel, equipment, materials, and schedules required to carry out plans.
2) Analyzes data and conducts studies of biological species populations, makes recommendations to improve their habitat, reports on their status as suitable candidates for listing as endangered or threatened species, and develops recovery plans.
3) Analyzes data, performs scientific tests, and conducts studies on the impact of existing or proposed management or public practices on biology resources.
4) Writes comprehensive reports on study findings and recommendations.
5) Conducts analyses, and reviews result of studies or investigations.
One year of specialized experience at or equal to the next lower grade level. Examples of experience at the GS-09 level work may include: Experience in concepts of vulnerability and adaptive capacity and related disciplines including watershed hydrology, geomorphology, limnology, or fisheries and their application to studies of causes and consequences of ecological patterns and processes in rivers and floodplains; experience in assessing exposure, sensitivity, and adaptive capacity of ecological systems and or biological communities; experience in synthesizing readily available datasets; experience working with natural resource managers, administrators, and scientists in a team setting to translate theory and concepts of ecosystem ecology, vulnerability, and adaptive capacity into practical applications and methods in the study and management of protected areas; experience in collaboratively developing adaptation strategies; experience interpreting and communicating results of complex analyses to inform current and potential future management actions; experience preparing comprehensive written reports and presentations summarizing and interpreting results for a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences; and experience presenting results and regional and national scientific meetings, and preparing manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication.
The job announcement and application instructions can be found at the USAJOBS posting for DEN-2019-0001 (applications must be submitted through this site): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513170700
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.