Business Solutions Manager (Sales and Business Development)
ABOUT GREAT RIVER GREENING
Great River Greening is a leading environmental restoration nonprofit with a mission to inspire, engage, and lead local communities in conserving and caring for the land and water that enrich our lives. We have a small, but mighty team that restores 2,000+ acres of land across Minnesota annually. Because our staff remains small, we can offer you flexibility, a friendly work culture, supportive Board of Directors, remote work options, and opportunities to grow.
Great River Greening values Science, Community, Partnership, Education, and Inclusion. Great River Greening is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates of all backgrounds, including women, candidates of color, LGBTQ, or candidates with non-traditional work or experience backgrounds are encouraged to apply. See www.greatrivergreening.org for more information.
The Business Solutions Manager will report to the Operations Director, working with the executive team to achieve Great River Greening’s ambitious goal of expanding our Greening Solutions Fee-For-Service program. This position will drive sales by establishing trusted advisor relationships with clients, delivering comprehensive ecological and conservation solutions. Projects range from small native plantings to large scale native restoration sites.
The Business Solutions Manger is an exempt, full-time position with benefits including Health, Dental, 401k, LTD, Dependent Care and Health Care FSA, Life Insurance, and a generous PTO plan. Salary range is $50-65,000, depending upon experience. Great River Greening offers a flexible workplace and staff are currently working hybrid.
Your primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
Sales – 50%
• Own the client trusted advisor relationship
• Drive the solution -> Responsible for proposal development and contracting
• Build and maintain sales pipeline and convert pipeline projects into company bookings
Project Management – 50%
• Project Budgeting -> Develop project scopes, schedule, and costs
• Conduct site visits, support field efforts, and evaluate finished work
• Evaluate bids from subcontractors
We are looking for the following:
• Effective verbal communication skills
• Efficient scheduling and time management
• Fundamental understanding of what it takes to complete an ecological restoration project
• Landscape or construction experience; specifically bidding and estimating
• Experience with labor costing and productivity tracking
• An understanding of local market conditions as they relate to our field
• Ability to work with Individual/Residential, Corporate, and Government clients
• 3+ years direct working experience in a relevant field such as: facility/infrastructure development, renewables, land use, permitting, conservation, or construction
• A strong understanding of technical drawings as well as contractual terms and conditions
• Knowledge of MS Office programs and Sharepoint
• Currently possess, or ability to obtain, a MNDOT health card to drive 20,000lb commercial truck and trailer
Please submit resume and cover letter addressing the qualifications by e-mail with the subject line 2022 Business Solutions Manager, Your Name to: Grant Seipkes, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rolling application and position is open until filled.