Cervid Program Assistant: Missouri

Agency
Missouri Department of Conservation
Location
This position will be based out of the Central Regional Office & Conservation Research Center, 3500 E. Gans Rd., Columbia, MO 65201, and the successful applicant will be responsible for their own housing.
Job Category
Full time Positions
Salary
$13.24/hr
Start Date
07/01/2021
Last Date to Apply
06/17/2021
Description
This position will assist Cervid Program staff with various aspects related to deer and elk management and research in Missouri. Primary responsibilities include assisting with various portions of CWD Mandatory Sampling and Targeted Culling activities, assisting in the creation, implementation, and content maintenance of an online elk reporting system and a Cervid Program research and management webpage, and compiling content for internal and external reports and publications. Additional duties include, but are not limited to: (1) assisting with deer disease sampling efforts; (2) assisting with field work associated with deer/elk research projects; (3) entering, organizing, and summarizing data associated with ongoing research projects; and (4) assisting other Science programs as needed. This position will occasionally be required to work weekends, irregular hours, and over-night travel. Approximately 80% of the time for this position will be office based with the remaining 20% in the field. This is a 2,000 hour position with the possibility of extension pending funding and satisfactory job performance. The start date may be negotiable, but it is preferred to be either July 1 or July 16, 2021.
Qualifications
A Bachelor’s of Science degree in Wildlife Management, Wildlife Sciences or related biological sciences degree is desired, but not required. The successful candidate will need to be able to hold a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record. An excellent work ethic and ability to work both individually and in a team is mandatory. Candidate must be organized, detail oriented, and have good oral and written communication skills. Additionally, must be able to work independently (sometimes in adverse weather conditions), multi-task, organize/coordinate efforts, and interact well with the public, cooperators, scientific professionals, and other agency staff. Candidate should be comfortable working with and collecting tissue samples from animal carcasses. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access as well as ArcGIS is desired. Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three (3) references in a single document to Aaron.Hildreth@mdc.mo.gov with the subject line “Cervid Program Assistant.” Additionally, include dates available to start work. Please denote the electronic file with your last name and document title (e.g., Lastname_application.docx).
Contact Person
Aaron Hildreth
Contact eMail
Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.