Under supervision, assists in work associated with the planting, care and maintenance, and removal of trees on City-owned property, parks, and rights-of-way. This job requires the use of specialized equipment associated with urban forestry.
Essential Job Duties
• Operates various equipment and tools which are used for daily tree work projects.
• Operates equipment and tools in a safe and effective manner.
• Performs heavy manual labor on varied assignments
• Assist with implementing work zone safety procedures.
• Assist with pruning and maintaining trees on city property, parks, and right-of-way.
• Assist with planting, transplanting, watering, fertilization, and applying mulch.
B. Maintains and transports equipment
• Performs general inspections of all equipment including fluids, belts, and filters.
• Performs general maintenance of all equipment including cleaning, greasing, sharpening.
• Clean and maintain all work and equipment storage areas.
• Loads and unloads all equipment for transporting to work sites.
Primary challenges of this position include:
• Understanding good arboriculture practices.
• Being able to work with and maintain a wide variety of trees.
Operates and maintains chainsaws, pole saws, woodchippers, stump grinders, commercial-grade lawn mower, string trimmer, and blowers
The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through attainment of a High School Diploma or GED, plus six months to one year of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications: TN Driver’s License