Ocean Associates, Inc. (OAI) is seeking an individual to provide support to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC), Resource Evaluation and Assessment Division, Population Dynamics Branch, Stock Assessment, Fisheries Monitoring and Resource Support Services. OAI supplies personnel support services on contract to government and industry clients for marine fisheries and protected species
The Northeast Fisheries Science Center’s (NEFSC) Population Dynamics Branch (PDB) develops information and provides advice to resource managers on the current status and future trends in abundance and productivity of marine fishery resources off the northeast coast of the United States. The Branch determines the effects of management alternatives on population sizes and yields of fish and invertebrate stocks and develops improved quantitative techniques for stock assessment, forecasting of resource trends, and ecosystem modeling. Additional research deals with mixed fishery and multispecies effects on yields and population trends of component species-stocks and on marine ecosystems. Other studies focus on the biology and/or fisheries for species of particular management concern.
Key tasks include the following:
• Effectively communicate agency activities and to present this work to a general audience
• Works closely with the Resource Evaluation and Assessment Division leadership team, stock assessment process lead, science staff, and NEFSC communication team to develop story ideas, content, and visual support products.
• Must be qualified and able to drive a government vehicle.
• Monthly progress reports
• Annual outreach plan that will detail what topics (related to READ topics) will be focused on, when, where, how, and by whom.
• Well organized and promoted science outreach events at agency facilities or at partner venues.
• Planning, publicity, and development of promotional materials.
• Publicity plans.
• Event logistics.
• Drive a government vehicle.
• Occasional overtime in conjunction with events and content opportunities.
• Travel within the region as required.
Start Date: ASAP
Location: 166 Water Street, Woods Hole, Massachusetts 02543-1097. Teleworking for 1-2 days/week is optional for these services.
Salary and Benefits: This is a full time position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Minimum Required Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a field related to fisheries or communications
• Bachelor’s or graduate degree in a field related to fisheries or communication and three years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge, skill, and ability to produce articles and digital content to promote NEFSC science accomplishments, mission, and staff to a general audience.
• Knowledge, skill, and ability to maintain and improves our capability to distribute content to important external media outlets.
• Knowledge, skill, and ability to promote and organize science outreach events.
• Qualification and ability to drive a government vehicle.
• Ability to work occasional overtime in conjunction with events and opportunities supporting content development.
• Ability to travel within the region as required to support content development.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please APPLY THROUGH OCEANASSOC.COM , ADP WEB PORTAL.
Only qualified applicants that meet minimum experience or background requirements stated above need apply. When applying for this position you will be asked to upload your resume at the end of this online application.
Applicants should submit a resume that includes the following:
• Cover letter that briefly describes how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
• Work history for past 10 years or since last full-time education.
• Previous experience or training with similar requirements.
• Three professional references.
• Include your name in the document file name.
• Upload your resume in readable, not scanned, PDF or Word format (PDF is preferred).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire, and successfully complete a federal government background check. Ocean Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.