• Help develop and administer marketing and communications initiatives that promote Forest Resource Development and conservation education work and programs.
• Conduct media relations activities including news writing, interviews, serving as spokesperson, media lists, pitching, news releases, inquiries and tracking news
• Work with communications team to create and implement a social media marketing strategy; manage agency-wide pages, respond to feedback and questions, monitor, measure and report, coordinate the editorial calendar, partner with other departments and programs to train and optimize their page management. Develop, maintain standard operating procedures
• Write and edit print and digital materials, coordinate production with designer and printer. Work with agency personnel and vendors
• Possess proficient skills in graphic design and layout. Assist with creative concept concepts and some technical development
• Assist with creation and implementation of marketing and communications initiatives, events and special projects involving media, social media, community partners and primary audiences in line with the agency strategic communications and marketing plan.
• Identify and effectively make use of public relations opportunities. Analyze and provide guidance on public relations/communications strategies, activities and results.
• Support, add value and adhere to the team’s digital communications strategy, plan and best practices in all communications and marketing activities.
• Support incident information and PIOs during an incident. Back-up manager of social and web pages dedicated to incident information.
Work experience and skills required: Two or more years of marketing, communications or related experience. Strong working knowledge of media relations, public relations, marketing, graphic design.
Educational qualifications/training required: Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field.
Working Conditions: Office environment; occasional travel with overnight stays may be required; occasional weekend and after-hour duty while under incident status.
Comments: Must have valid Texas driver license or be able to obtain one within 30 days of employment, with record within agency standards.
Employment Status: Full-time position contingent upon a successful six (6) month probationary period.
Closing date (last day application can be accepted): Open until filled
Requires application, résumé, transcripts and work samples.