Complete a term of service as a Community Climate Ambassador Corpsmember with our Energy & Water Conservation program. This is a team based, 48 week-long program. Corpsmembers will help to create and implement a new public outreach and engagement project alongside Denver’s Climate Action, Sustainability and Resiliency office. Corpsmembers will serve as community outreach representatives, create outreach strategies, and connect with local residents at community events and in their households. Corpsmembers will educate the community on the importance of climate action and provide climate action solutions to neighborhoods most at need.
*Denver Residents are strongly encouraged to apply*
- Biweekly stipend: Earn a living stipend of $1,000 and $100 housing allowance (pre-tax) every two weeks.
-Education Award: Earn a scholarship of $6,495 upon completion of service term. This award can be used to pay future tuition, training costs, and payback of qualifying student loans. Individuals have 7 years to use the education award.
- Timeline: This is a temporary position with start dates available on January 16, 2023. Standard hours are Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30 pm and Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm. Some evenings and weekend hours may be required.
- Industry Recognized Certifications Available: OSHA 10, First Aid/CPR, Building Science Principles, and Roots of Success. Build your resume and experience for employment within green industries.
- Between 18-24 years old. Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident. Documentation will be required on the first day.
- High School Diploma or currently working towards GED/High School Equivalency required.
- English proficiency; preferred: bi-lingual, Spanish speaking applicants.
- Capable of participating in physical labor including but not limited to: ability to lift 50 lbs., able to conduct repetitive hand and arm motions, and able to maneuver in tight spaces, including bending and kneeling. Reasonable accommodations will be made in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Desire and ability to engage with people from different backgrounds and demographics.
- Demonstrate commitment to serving with your team, communication and problem solving