Goals and Objectives of the Internship
The Summer Community Outreach Intern will assist staff of EVLT in planning, promoting and conducting the various summer outreach programs of EVLT. These programs include
Community Land Connection Series- A regular outreach series conducted on public land under conservation easement with EVLT, in partnership with other conservation organizations. The goal is to connect people to the land and the work of EVLT.
Future Conservationists- Held at several of the public conservation easements EVLT holds, Future Conservations is conducted in partnership with local youth-focused organizations and helps promote existing recreational opportunities to Eagle County residents.
Cow Patty Bingo- A summer community outreach and fundraising event held in Eagle, Colorado benefiting the mission of EVLT.
Farmers’ Markets and other community events- Representing EVLT at various local farmers’ markets and other community events to educate public about the mission of EVLT.
Farm to Fork- EVLT’s annual fundraising event
Compensation, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment
• Compensation is $15 per hour, 30 hours per week, for three months
• This position is non-exempt (must be paid overtime for weeks worked over 40 hours)
• Qualified mileage will be reimbursed at standard IRS rates
• A blend of office work and community relations activities, this position will require periodic weekend, early morning, and evening work
• Work requires some physical exertion such as strenuous hiking, walking, standing, lifting (up to 50 lbs) carrying, or similar activities.
• Any requirements to receive course credit from the intern’s college for the internship are the responsibility of the intern to coordinate.
Interested applicants should send their resume with references, cover letter and transcripts to Stewardship and Outreach Manager, Jessica Foulis, at firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline of March 31st. For more information about EVLT and the internship visit www.evlt.org.