The Community Volunteer Ambassador program is seeking to place adults ages 21-29 in a 50-week, paid internship hosted at over 50 National Park sites throughout the country. We're seeking graduates or soon-to-be graduates who are passionate about art, acting, history, education, social activism, counseling, political science or environmental science to secure as interns before the end of November.
Interns will be working with each park's head staff member in the office of Interpretation, Education, and Volunteerism. CVAs receive top-notch, federal level training so that they can assist National Park staff with duties in the area of education, event planning, interpretation (historical reenactments), artist-in-residence programs, and volunteer coordination. CVAs recruit volunteers, coordinate volunteer/ service projects, plan events for service days, and design promotional campaigns.
Each internship position impacts critical focus areas such as:
• honoring American artists
• preserving the cultural heritage and histories of significant sites throughout the country
• developing greater opportunities for military families
• creating programs that increase equity and access for under-represented communities
• leveraging volunteers to assist communities after natural disasters
• preserving and protecting our beautiful and various natural habitats
- be US citizens or permanent, legal US residents
- possess a 2-year degree or higher
- be between the ages of 21-30* throughout the entirety of the term 01/28/2019-01/13-2020
- be eligible to serve in AmeriCorps National and State programs (There is 4 term maximum)