The Nature Conservancy in Indiana is looking for an experienced, organized, and detail-oriented Conservation Data Manager to guide conservation data collection, storage, processing, sharing, and reporting for our Chapter. This is a unique opportunity to use and expand your GIS skills working with a diverse audience as we explore solutions to complex conservation challenges across Indiana and the US. If you are a creative and collaborative problem solver who is motivated and energized by spatial analysis, data visualization, and related approaches, apply today for a career with TNC!
This is a full-time position based in Indianapolis, Indiana that includes a competitive benefits package, hybrid work schedule, and a compensation range that begins at $50,400 annually and may be negotiable depending on experience.
• MS or BS degree in related field and 3 years related GIS experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience leading and training individuals and groups; and communicating clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means.
• Experience managing, maintaining, and populating databases and manual files.
• Experience with interpretation of image analysis, complex spatial analysis, data modeling, and landscape scenario analysis.
• Experience managing multiple projects.
• Experience interpreting results then developing and delivering training to practitioners.
Additional Qualifications that would be helpful, but not required:
• Master’s degree in Geography, GIS, Spatial Science, Ecology, Biology, or related field.
• Experience designing best practices for data access and documentation in a team environment.
• Experience conducting spatial analysis of vector and raster data related to land and/or water conservation, natural resource management, climate resilience, etc.
• Experience with science communication to technical and non-technical audiences, including creative data visualization (e.g., web-based apps and interactive mapping; experience with tools such as Leaflet, OpenLayers, and ESRI Web App Builder appreciated).
Visit http://www.nature.org/careers and use keyword “Indiana” to see a complete position description and apply by 11:59 pm EDT October 7, 2022.