Travel Louisiana as part of a Conservation & Disaster Crew!
Term Dates: 6/14/2021 - 12/10/2021
LaCC's Conservation & Disaster Crews are an AmeriCorps opportunity for young adults interested in working outdoors. Crews will spend their season completing a variety of conservation projects throughout the region. Projects may include trail construction & improvement, habitat restoration, invasive plant removal, wildland fuel reduction, and more. Crews also remain on call to help communities impacted by natural disasters.
As a Conservation & Disaster Crew Leader, you and a co-leader will guide your crew through the day-to-day responsibilities for a variety of conservation projects throughout the region.
- $1,678 per month stipend
- AmeriCorps Education Award
- Federal student loan deferment
- First Aid & CPR Certification
- FEMA certifications
- Technical & soft skills training
- Camping & travel opportunities
- Opportunity to network with partnering agencies such as Louisiana Parks and Wildlife, National Park Service, US Forest Service, and more
- High school diploma or GED
- Between the ages of 21-28
- At least 5 months of previous hands-on conservation experience
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent US Resident
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
- Clean 3-year driving record and ability to safely operate 12 passenger van
- Prior experience in camping, backcountry travel, or related field work
- Ability to hike 3-10 miles per day in rugged terrain, while carrying tools
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather types while doing hard, often repetitive, labor with hand & power tools
- Ability to be away on overnight trips for up to 10 days at a time
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Commitment to complete the entire term of service
In nature, we know that communities dominated by one plant or animal are fragile and less productive. What we know to be true in nature we know to be true in the communities we live and serve in. We encourage people of all identities and experience levels to be a part of LaCC and help nurture the productivity & resilience of diversity in our community.
If you are interested in learning more about our opportunities or you are ready to apply, please visit our Program Page: https://americanyouthworks.org/programs/lacc/. Our online application is the only thing needed to start your interview process.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to email@example.com or 832.450.9355.
We look forward to seeing your application soon!