The Lake Winnipesaukee Association is seeking a Conservation Program Manager to develop, manage, and implement existing and new programs designed to carry out the organization’s mission to protect Winnipesaukee’s water quality through education, monitoring, stewardship and using science-guided approaches for lake management. The position is based out of the LWA’s office located in Gilford, NH, but day to day activities generally require travel throughout the Winnipesaukee watershed.
• Enthusiasm and passion for conservation work and LWA’s mission
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience relevant to environmental conservation.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, lead and execute conservation projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally including experience communicating with diverse audiences about environmental conservation or related issues.
• Excellent organization, planning, and task/time management skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite and G Suite
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work outside for extended periods of time under inclement conditions.
• Grant writing and/or grant management experience.
• Experience with surface water resource management and associated federal, state and local regulations.
• Experience working with municipal government on natural resource/environmental issues.
• Experience using ArcGIS for display and analysis of data