Versar, Inc. is seeking a self-motivated, hard-working individual with a masters or doctoral degree in environmental management, natural resource management, cultural resources management, NEPA/planning, biology, ecology, forestry, archaeology/anthropology, or related field and at least 8+ years of experience providing these services to federal, state, and municipal clients.
This position will be responsible for managing multidisciplinary conservation-focused offices including our existing Cultural Resources, Natural Resources, and NEPA programs. The position requires supervision of approximately 10 project managers, general oversight of approximately 50 technical resources, and management of over $15M in annual project revenue. Technical Services Leaders (TSLs) are expected to direct operations and marketing for their business line but also work with leads from across the company to develop interdisciplinary solutions for client problems. In addition to a strong technical and management background, TSLs must have excellent organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn and execute new tasks. The successful candidate will be comfortable managing a diverse and talented team of biologists, ecologist, archaeologists, architectural historians, and NEPA and planning resource professionals.
• Directly provide, and lead others in providing, conservation-focused environmental services relation to the Endangered Species Act (ESA), Clean Water Act (CWA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Sections 106 and 110 of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), and other conservation-focused services.
• Lead business and client development and expand the client base and revenue in areas of broad-based cultural resources, natural resources services, water resources, permitting, environmental assessments (EAs), environmental impact statements (EISs), environmental planning, and other similar services.
• Be accountable for the financial success of the Conservation TSL as a whole and the attainment of team sales and productivity goals.
• Oversee the development, maintenance, and delivery of small and large clients and projects within the federal, state, and municipal markets.
• Provide technical input and quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) for cultural resources, natural resources, and NEPA projects.
• Work collaboratively with the Environmental Services Group (ESG) Manager, ESG Technical Services Leads, other Versar business leaders, and the Support Services Group to grow the operations throughout the company.
• Work closely with marketing and external sales staff to identify needs to meet market drivers and/or create new markets.
• Promote a culture of leadership, team work, engagement, high-quality service, and customer satisfaction.
• Enhance Versar’s reputation and demonstrate creativity and innovation in a professional manner
• Work closely with other key individuals in Versar to promote business interests in adherence with our mission, vision, and values.
• Master's degree or higher in environmental management, natural resource management, cultural resources management, NEPA/planning, biology, ecology, forestry, archaeology/anthropology, or related field.
• Experience managing projects/programs for and coordinating with federal, state, and municipal agencies required. Experience with and knowledge of Naval Facilities Engineering Command, US Army Corps of Engineers, and Air Force Civil Engineering Center missions and drivers would be preferred.
• Fundamental understanding of compliance with ESA, CWA, NHPA, and NEPA
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in project work related to natural resource services required.
• Experience in leadership and management including supervising other professionals required.
• Excellent marketing and business development skills in addition to contacts/relationships in the discipline.
• Demonstrated business development success and consulting acumen, including established credibility with federal and state reviewing agencies and clients, as well as success in proposal writing.
• Travel is expected and may be required up to 50% of any given month.