Application Deadline: October 25, 2017
Location: This is a work from home position with travel throughout southern Michigan. Exact location is flexible but should be reasonably central in the region between the Thumb, Lansing and Lake Erie.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Overview: The successful applicant will serve as the primary coordinator for the new Michigan Adopt-A-Game-Area Program. The primary focus of the position will be accelerating grassland habitat restoration on Michigan Department of Natural Resources (MDNR) lands through fund-raising and contracting of project jobs.
• Work with MDNR staff to identify habitat improvement projects on key state lands across the Michigan Pheasant Restoration Initiative counties.
• Market the need for specific habitat improvements and the vision for these state properties to potential contributors including organizations, clubs, foundations, businesses, and individuals.
• Solicit and manage donations in support of the program.
• Write job specifications for habitat projects for requests for bids.
• Contract habitat project work with vendors.
• Recognize major contributors through signage and other avenues at project locations.
• Annually report accomplishments to partners, contributors and media.
• Participate in the Michigan Pheasant Restoration Initiative Steering Committee.
• Assist Michigan Regional Representative coordinating habitat projects and working with PF chapters and partners to advance the MPRI.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with partner agency personnel and potential contributors.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse clientele.
• Knowledge of wildlife ecology and life cycle as it relates to habitat requirements.
• Knowledge of habitat management practices for grassland restoration and maintenance.
• Ability to write grant applications and accomplishment reports.
• Ability to market program needs and solicit funds from diverse sources.
• ArcGIS and mapping capabilities.
• Demonstrated experience as a leader with strong initiative.
• Excellent and proven verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work with multiple partners to accomplish common objectives.
Training and Experience Guideline: Any combination of training and/or experience that will enable the applicant to possess the required knowledge, skills and abilities. A general qualification guideline for this position is a Bachelor of Science Degree in Wildlife Management or closely related natural resources field and/or related field experience. Demonstrated expertise in grassland habitat restoration and management is essential. Experience in applying for and soliciting funds using marketing practices is desirable. Demonstrated leadership, professionalism, and partner engagement during the applicant’s prior work experience will be an important consideration. Must be a team player.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references into a single word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website.
To Apply: Visit our website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
Pheasants Forever Inc. and Quail Forever are an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled