Overview & Job Duties:
The Coordinating Wildlife Biologist – Wetland Specialist (CWB) will work for Pheasants Forever, Inc. in a partnership with USDA Natural Resources Conservation Services (NRCS) staff within Wisconsin to develop restoration and management plans for wetland easements, monitor existing wetland easements, develop new wetland easement contracts, and provide outreach on various topics related to the Agriculture Conservation Easement Program (ACEP) throughout Wisconsin. The CWB will also provide state level technical assistance for wildlife habitat enhancement techniques to private landowners and public organizations, meet with local chapters of Pheasants Forever and other local partners to influence habitat management efforts, participate in statewide habitat meetings, and attend appropriate NRCS and Pheasants Forever training.
This announcement is for 1 new position located in southern Wisconsin with office negotiable. Work will be conducted throughout the state of Wisconsin dependent on program and county office needs. The incumbent is an employee of Pheasants Forever, Inc. and will receive primary supervision from Pheasants Forever with daily instruction provided by state wetland easement program staff.
The CWB will assist NRCS field offices and state office staff with:
• General wetland management technical assistance to field offices and landowners
• Management plan development for existing and newly enrolled easements
• Develop Compatible Use Agreements and Long-Term Agreements when needed
• On-site easement monitoring; potentially off-site monitoring as well
• Provide training to NRCS and partners regarding wetland management strategies
• Lead workshops for landowners regarding easement and wetland benefits
• Assist with WRE application processing
• Assist state office with easement FBOs
• Assist state office with easement legal documentation processing
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with wetland and grassland management including the ability to utilize various habitat management tools in the development of management plans.
• Knowledge of conservation and wildlife programs provided by federal (i.e. Farm Bill, US Fish and Wildlife Service), state, & local entities. In addition, knowledge of how these programs are implemented in an agricultural landscape is desired.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with landowners and partner agencies.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse clientele.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Valid driver’s license required; some use of personal vehicle required (mileage reimbursed).
• Able to obtain USDA Federal Security Clearance.
Experience Guideline: A minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in environmental or natural resources field is required. Demonstrated experience with NRCS Easement programs is preferred and an understanding of local agricultural practices is very beneficial.
Starting Salary: $46,473 + Health Benefits and Retirement Package
To Apply: Visit our Recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Please combine your cover letter, resume, and 3 references into 1 Word document or PDF file before uploading to the Recruitment website. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Martin Moses, PF’s State Coordinator for Wisconsin at 608-712-8625.
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled