Job Purpose: Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever is seeking a qualified results-driven individual who can help develop new corporate partnership relationships and advertising sales. This individual will work closely with the Director of Corporate Partnerships to generate and manage corporate relations team priorities.
Reports to: Director of Corporate Partnerships within the Marketing & Communications Department
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Working with a wide array of corporations to develop and sell sponsorships, magazine advertising, digital promotions, special events, royalty relationships, licensing agreements, and direct program support, when appropriate.
• Work with Director of Corporate Partnerships on identifying prospects and existing advertisers to upsell and cross-sell accounts.
• Drive new business development with specific focus on partnerships in open categories, including trucks, beer, bourbon, and boots.
• Likewise, this person is responsible for ensuring all the obligations of these relationships are delivered. Coordinate all aspects of a partnership campaign from start to finish.
• Creative thinker who can successfully conceptualize and sell new ideas and existing marketing inventory around habitat conservation, hunting, bird dogs, sustainability, and outdoor recreation.
• Experienced in making cold calls, writing proposals, conducting pitch meetings, closing sales, drafting contracts, and executing advertising assets.
• Supervise and coach the Corporate Sales Representative.
• National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic sponsorship sales and marketing assets.
• Assist acquisition of products, adventures, and donations for event and online fundraising.
• Assist in preparing and meeting an annual budget based upon renewing partnerships and generating new business.
• Assist in controlling and manage department expenses.
• Provide weekly revenue/pacing reports to Director of Corporate Partnerships.
• Travel to a variety of trade shows and special events throughout the year.
Working Conditions: Location is negotiable with preference given to candidates near our main office in St. Paul, Minnesota. This position involves 40 to 60 days of travel per year and includes nights and weekends.
Reporting Relationships: This position manages the corporate sales representative and will report directly to the Director of Corporate Partnerships.
Job Specifications: Minimum qualifications for this position include:
• At least five years of experience in successful sponsorship, advertising, and event sales.
• B.S./B.A. in business, marketing, or related field.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and customer communications skills.
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Organized, detail oriented, hard-working with proven coaching experience.
• Positive attitude with collaborate team spirit.
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
• Digital advertising experience and social media knowledge considered a plus.
• Extensive contacts within the outdoor, hunting, bird dog, and habitat conservation industries.
• Knowledge and business contacts within the hunting, sporting goods, and/or agricultural industry considered a plus.
• Must have a good driving record.
Starting Salary: To be determined based upon qualifications and experience; plus benefits.
To Apply: Please combine a cover letter outlining your experience and interest in this position along with a resume and three references into a single Word doc or PDF file before uploading to the “Resume” area of your application on our Recruitment website, www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs .
If you have questions about this position, please contact Chris Kalis, Director of Corporate Partnerships, email@example.com.
Pheasants Forever, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other category that may be protected by law.