Pheasants Forever/Quail Forever is looking for a creative sales professional with advanced knowledge of outdoor gear and is passionate about helping volunteers raise funds for our upland habitat mission. The primary responsibility of this position will be coordinating our new relationship with SCHEELS focused on developing products and promotions for the organization’s chapters to use in fundraising. This position will also create and coordinate additional partnerships with a focus on licensing and affinity relationships.
• Create and manage licensing and royalty partnerships that generate funding for Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s habitat mission, while also fitting the organization’s brands.
• Lead the creation of sales tools (print, PDF, banners, etc.) in collaboration with the organization's marketing and field teams.
• Experienced in making cold calls, writing proposals, conducting pitch meetings, closing sales, and drafting contracts.
• Prepare and meet an annual budget based upon renewing partnerships and generating new business.
• Analytical thinker who understands sales margins, inventory costs, and industry trends.
• Coordinate the organization’s new relationship with SCHEELS to develop products and promotions for Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever chapters to purchase for fundraising banquets across the country. See press release about the new partnership.
• Develop national chapter fundraising programs (Legislative Action, Education & Outreach, Flash Sales, etc.) that generate revenue for the organization.
• Knowledgeable resource for state and federal raffle, lottery, sweepstakes, and gaming laws to ensure fundraising concepts for chapters are legal and viable throughout the country.
• Support the organization’s directors and regional field team in delivering great customer service to our chapters, members, partners, employees, and supporters.
• Collaborate with SCHEELS and our organization’s digital marketing specialist to promote and sell retail merchandise featuring the Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever logos.
• Responsible for detailed record-keeping of firearms and ammunition sales and inventory.
• Maintain and develop contracts with corporate partners, affinity partners and licensees offering goods and services to the organization’s chapters, members and supporters.
• Supervisory experience of two or more employees with experience in providing direction and feedback.
• Provide timely communication and marketing materials to colleagues, chapters, and members about partnerships and partnership engagement opportunities.
• Team player with a positive attitude who will work sports shows, membership events, banquets, state meetings, etc. and other duties as assigned.
• Creative thinker who can successfully conceptualize and sell inventory around habitat conservation, hunting, bird dogs, sustainable agriculture, and outdoor recreation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.S./B.A. in business, marketing, or related field.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and customer communications skills.
• Organized, detail oriented, hard-working with proven coaching experience.
• Relationships and positive reputation within the outdoor, hunting, bird dog, and habitat conservation industries a plus.
• Fundraising experience considered a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Four-year degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience providing a high-level of customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• This position requires the individual to have access to confidential information.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work from a remote office.
• Overnight travel for conferences, national team and other staff meetings, National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic, trade shows and other partner events. 10% travel annually.
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS USED:
• Tools and equipment listed are some of the typical tools and equipment; other equipment may be used as needed:
o Laptop computer – proficient in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat
Combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references into 1 Word document or PDF file before uploading to the Recruitment website. To apply, visit our website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs If you have questions about this position, please contact Chris Kalis, Director of Corporate Partnerships, email@example.com, 651-209-4956
Pheasants Forever Inc. and Quail Forever is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled