Manages data regarding public use, infrastructure, and hydrologic restoration projects utilizing ArcGIS, Salesforce and other software applications. Provides reports, analyzes spatial data, conducts training, coordinates data administration. Maintains archives.
Responsibilities will include:
• Work with the development team to complete the FWC’s Volunteer and Event Management System Data Management (VEMS) using the Salesforce platform and will represent PASO as a member of the agency Salesforce working group.
• Using GIS, document and graphically depict the status of hydrologic assessments; maintain a master infrastructure database for FWC’s wildlife management area system and Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail; analyze data and produce reports and graphics.
• Collect and graphically present crowd-sourced bird and wildlife and plant data collected on our wildlife management areas via eBird and FWC’s iNaturalist portal.
Working hours: flexible
Level of Education: A bachelor's degree from a college or university and four years of professional experience in systems analysis, management analysis, program planning, program research, program evaluation, engineering or administrative work. A master's degree from a college or university can substitute for one year of the required experience. Professional or nonprofessional experience as described above can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of software applications, particularly ArcGIS and Salesforce, and be skilled in data analysis procedures. The candidate should possess excellent troubleshooting skills. Additionally, the candidate should know and seek efficient ways to collect, organize, store, and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality. The goal is to ensure the timely and secure flow of information.
The successful candidate will have excellent organizational, critical thinking, application assessment, design, and communication skills; and will demonstrate dedication to the FWC’s mission and conservation of Florida’s fish, wildlife, and habitat resources. Broad-based working knowledge of the Salesforce platform is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for the Position:
• Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.).
• Analytic skills needed to solve problems, analyze data, and make accurate decisions.
• Familiarity with modern databases, ideally Salesforce, as well as informational system technologies.
• Proficient in Geographic Information Systems
• MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, etc.).
• An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to set and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.