Sultana Education Foundation (SEF), is a private non-profit 501(c)(3) organization based in Chestertown, Maryland that works with over 10,000 students annually, nearly half of which are carried on the namesake schooner Sultana, a replica of an 18th century revenue cutter used by the Royal Navy to enforce tax law. The Sultana is used as an educational platform focused on teaching History and Ecology.
Deckhand-Educators implement the education programs of SEF under the direction of the Education Director, as well as operating the vessel under the direction of the Mate. Sultana’s sailing season begins in March each year and concludes in November. During that season we conduct programs for students of all ages. Spring and Fall focus on late elementary age students
on 1.5-3 hour programs. Summer is occupied with multi-day programs, some of which are liveaboard.
● Must be at 22 years of age or older.
● Must be able to pass Federal, and State background checks, including Maryland Child
● Educational experience a plus
● Traditional sailing experience a plus
● Bachelor's degree (prefered)
● First Aid and CPR training certificate a plus
● Lifeguard certificate a plus