A Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever Development Officer is responsible for working in collaboration with other team members, volunteers, and partners to develop new private, corporate, and public funding relationships and strategic partnerships with the goal of accelerating mission accomplishments through delivery of strategic fundraising initiatives, growing organizational revenue, diversifying revenue streams, and generating additional funds. The Development Officer’s primary responsibility is to develop successful funding relationships that will help accomplish the organization’s strategic priorities.
RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS:
• Work collaboratively with Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever state, regional, and national team members to successfully execute and deliver the Call of the Uplands comprehensive campaign.
• Spearhead development initiatives that are consistent with the organization’s strategies designed to secure new private, corporate, foundation, and government funding opportunities. Funding proposals shall be prepared in accordance with organizational standards.
• Identify and pursue strategic partners and funders to advance the organization’s priorities with respect to revenue growth, policy development, and habitat delivery.
• Identify and pursue foundations and corporate entities with funding priorities consistent with our mission, while striving to obtain funding to advance organizational initiatives and projects.
• Actively lead and participate in partner and donor cultivation activities designed to increase support for strategic habitat initiatives.
• Be a staunch advocate for Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s permanent habitat protection, land acquisition, and access initiatives, with a sensitivity around state and regional dynamics related to permanent protection.
• Work with the Regional Field Teams and Grant Administration Department to ensure that all funding relationships and grant-funded programs are consistent with the organization’s priorities, policies, and administrative capacity requirements.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with all team members, corporate partners, agencies, and funders to ensure an open, collaborative, and inclusive approach to developing and maintaining programs and funding.
• Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Significant travel involved.
• A passion for Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s mission, as well as knowledge and appreciation for conservation, hunting, and the outdoors.
• B.A. or B.S. degree or higher with significant relevant business development or commensurate sales experience.
• Seasoned skills preferred in the area of major gift solicitation, planned giving, grant writing, and campaign fundraising.
• Extensive experience cultivating, developing, and maintaining successful relationships and funding proposals with private, corporate, federal, state, foundation, and other partners.
• An energetic, well organized, and detailed individual who has a strong record of leadership, teamwork, and success.
• Working knowledge of real estate transactions, conservation easements, and land use trends is preferred.
• Superior interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse constituencies, including principal partners, donors, board members, national team members, volunteers, and leadership in the field are a must.
• Excellent oral, public speaking, and written communication.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and coach effectively.
• Must possess a minimum three years of experience in successful fundraising and/or exceptional and proven sales and service experience.
Compensation and Location: Starting salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications. Location negotiable.
Application Closing Date: May 12, 2018
Anticipated Start Date: June 1, 2018
To Apply: Visit our Recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs. Please combine your cover letter, resume and three references in a Word document or PDF file before uploading to the Recruitment website.
For more information: Contact Jordan Martincich, Pheasants Forever Director of Development, at 816-560-1070 or JMartincich@pheasantsforever.org.
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever area an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.