The District Manager is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the Antrim Conservation District. He/She will be a strategic thinking entrepreneur, a leader, fundraiser, and charismatic facilitator who is able to work with public and private partners to be a lead conservation organization in Antrim County. Working with the ACD’s Board of Directors, the District Manager evaluates all ACD plans, programs, activities, and procedures with regard to their planned purpose, sustainability, and impact on the organization and community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The District Manager performs some or all of the following:
• Leads in the development of a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
• Acts as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization's activities
• Fosters effective teamwork with ACD staff
Operational planning and management:
• Oversees the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization, ensuring that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its Clients, Board and Funders
Program planning and management:
• Leads the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of organization programs, services, and special projects
Human resources planning and management:
• Implements the organization's personnel policies and ensures compliance with those policies
• Produces and implements employee evaluations on a regular basis
Financial planning and management:
• Works with the Board to secure funding for the operation of the conservation district through grants, fundraising, and contracts
• Seeks funding sources, oversees the development of fundraising plans and writes funding proposals to increase the funds of the organization
• Promotes the conservation district goals and engages with communities throughout the county to meet the needs of the citizens
• Background in natural resources or a related field
• Experience managing non-profit or volunteer organizations
• Experience with creating and maintaining financial budgets
• Experience in grant writing
The Antrim Conservation District offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
The Antrim Conservation District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in employment, promotions, or compensation on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, handicap, or veteran status.
The Antrim Conservation District (ACD) was formed in 1947 by local farmers to conserve, improve, and maintain Antrim County's soil and to promote efficient and economical use of the land. ACD serves as the first stop for local citizens, farmers, landowners, conservation groups, and county government for their natural resource needs. Today our mission remains much the same: to promote the exploration and conservation of Antrim County's natural resources.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, June 28th, 2018. The position will remain open until filled, with first consideration given to applicants received by June 28th, 2018.