The North Central Soil Conservation District (SCD) is seeking a full-time District Technician. The basic duties and responsibilities include but not limited to tree planting, weed barrier installation, grass planting, and pipeline installation; all within accordance with NRCS specifications. This position opens up opportunities for someone to advance their career within natural resource management and conservation. This includes designing and planning conservation practices, working directly with producers within the district to implement new programs, education programs, assisting with our Demonstration Farm, and much more. Various other tasks may be expected of the new incumbent such as maintaining all vehicles, equipment, and storage building.
District Technician will work in cooperation with the district and NRCS staff. This position is under direct supervision of the Board of Supervisors, but day to day activities may be supervised by the NRCS District Conservationist.
Ideal candidate will have:
• Experience in natural resources, agriculture, farming operations, forestry, and conservation. A college education is any of these fields is a plus, but not required.
• Experience with operating equipment.
• Computer experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, ArcGIS, and the ability to learn computer programs necessary to perform the job outlined.
• Become familiar with NRCS field office technical guide for conservation practices specifications.
• Must have good verbal and written skills.
• Good organizational skills and able to work independently.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Physical ability to work in rough terrain and lift 75 pounds.
• United States citizen, or alien authorized to work in the United States.
• Perform other related duties as requested by the district board.