Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Eastern Wild Turkey and Mesocarnivore Technician (2 positions) – Missouri
University of Missouri
Last Date to Apply
The University of Missouri and the Missouri Department of Conservation are conducting research on Eastern Wild Turkey nest success and poult survival in northern Missouri. The University of Missouri will be filling 2 technician positions to assist with research as outlined below:
Roles, Duties, & Responsibilities of the Position:
• Adult hen wild turkey captures and tracking via VHF radio telemetry
• Capturing, marking, and tracking wild turkey poults using VHF radio telemetry
• Capturing & tagging wild turkey nest predators: Raccoon, skunk, and opossum
• Vegetation sampling
• Invertebrate sampling
• Weather station monitoring
• Camera trap survey deployment
• Data Entry
• Other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Skills and Abilities
• Selected candidates must possess a valid driver license and pass required motor vehicle operation training
• Preferred candidates will have or be willing to obtain rabies pre-exposure vaccinations.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with landowners, co-workers, and supervisors.
• Ability to perform strenuous work independently, in a group, and in diverse climates.
• Preferred candidates will be detail-orientated, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and possess a strong work ethic and excellent organization skills.
• Selected candidate must be willing to work ≥40 hours per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Experience working with upland game birds or mammals and with VHF telemetry is highly preferred.
To Apply: Please combine your cover letter (explaining interest, experience, and qualifications for the project), CV, and contact information for 3 professional references into one Word document or PDF file and email to Alisha Mosloff at email@example.com with the subject line “Wild Turkey and Mesocarnivore Technician Application”. Questions regarding the position may be sent to the same address.