GBI is recruiting Ecological Monitoring Vegetation Field Leads to work with GBI and BLM staff. Each Vegetation Field Lead will coordinate a field crew (one Lead will supervise two Technicians) to characterize vegetation using the terrestrial AIM core methods. In some instances, Habitat Assessment Framework (HAF), and/or other supplemental protocols will be performed, for which training will be provided. Aside from core AIM sampling, any supplemental protocols implemented will vary by project.
Duties include following established field protocols to perform vegetation sampling and field data collection at new and existing sampling plots. Data will be used by resource specialists and land managers to inform decisions regarding land management at various temporal and spatial scales. During field work, car camping for 7 night “hitches” in remote locations will typically be required.
• Leadership experience, including supervising field crews and managing projects simultaneously.
• Experience, education, or a combination of both in botany and/or range management to meet the following (Crew Leads should have education and experience with plants identification):
• Bachelor’s degree in botany, biology, ecology, or rangeland ecology or other natural resources.
• At least 9 semester hours in plant or biological sciences.
• A minimum of 1 year field data collection identifying plants.