Full-time Temporary 9-month Position
Work Schedule: 35 - 40 hours per week, 4/10 schedule; work in excess of 40 hrs. per week may be required to complete project deadlines, occasionally including weekend shifts.
Start Date: February 2021
Duration: Nine months from hire date (potential contract extension depending on funding and performance)
Salary: $16.00 to $16.50 per hour, dependent on qualifications
Benefits: Group health insurance program after 90 days of employment
Deadline to Apply: January 22, 2021, 2359hrs PST
Field duties (60 – 70% time)
• Assist with data collection at remote field sites: soil, water, and vegetation sampling
• Assist with various wildlife surveys including remote camera surveys, carnivore trapping and tracking, stream surveys for amphibians and eDNA collection, other direct and indirect monitoring of wildlife
• Assist with documentation, reclamation, and restoration duties on various habitat projects, including illegal cannabis cultivation sites on public and private lands
Office duties (30 – 40% time)
• Assist with data entry and management, analysis using multiple software packages (e.g. Access/Excel/ ArcMap)
• Assist with writing and literature searches for reports, publications, and grant proposals
• Communicate effectively with IERC staff & work cooperatively with external collaborators in other disciplines
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Wildlife, Natural Resources, Environmental Science, or similar discipline with one season of field experience OR
o The equivalent of two years of coursework in Biology, Wildlife, Natural Resources, Environmental Science, or similar discipline and two full years of related work experience.
• Familiarity with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint), Office365, and ArcMap Desktop v10
• Clean driving record and ability to pass a background security clearance and drug test
• Ability to proficiently drive vehicles in 4-wheel drive conditions
• Ability to perform strenuous physical activity, hike long distances carrying 40 lbs., and work extended hours in remote conditions
• Ability to travel throughout CA and OR and camp or stay at project locations for up to eight nights at a time
Preferred Qualifications: 1) ability to proficiently operate a chainsaw or chainsaw certification, 2) ATV operations or ATV certified, 3) Willingness to obtain and utilize HAZWOPER 40-hour certification, 4) Willingness to work under and travel within or under helicopters
To apply, please submit 1) current resume or CV, 2) a cover letter, not to exceed 1-page synthesizing your experience and qualifications that have prepared you for this position, and 3) names and contact information for two recent references who can confirm your experience, skills, and abilities. Current DMV driving records must be furnished at time of interview.
Submit application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Janurary 22, 2021 @2359hrs PST. For additional information, e-mail or call (707) 668-4030.