Teton Raptor Center is launching a new action-oriented, non-political, collaborative initiative to reduce lead consumed by wildlife and people resulting from hunting and fishing through on-the-ground, positive, and pro-outdoor recreation messaging. The main objectives of this multi-year initiative are to provide educational materials, hands-on demonstrations, print and video media, talks, and virtual education to hunters, outfitters, retailers, and others. Educational programming will take place across Wyoming. This position will be based in Jackson Hole, WY. Seasonally, travel will be required for in-person shooting demos, meetings, etc across Wyoming.
The Lead Free Educator will be responsible for significantly contributing to the education curriculum, print and web materials, conduct in-person shooting demos, talks and presentations, outreach to local retailers, outfitters land owners, and attending other public events. This position will work closely with a team on these efforts and have program support from other initiative staff. Some of the key responsibilities are seasonal and will vary depending on the time of year.
This is a two-year position with the potential to extend.
• Development and contribute to media (video, web, social, print)
• Development and maintenance of relationships with individuals, hunting-based organizations, industry, retailers, and others to promote the voluntary use of lead free ammo and tackle
• Conduct shooting demos and presentations across Wyoming
• Participate in hunting-related banquets and events across the state
• Explore the potential of creating a high-school science education modules and distribute to WY teachers
• Develop and expand aspects of the initiative as identified through this role and by the team
• Develop toolkit for other organizations/states to promote this lead-free initiative in other regions
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Passion for hunting, the hunter/angler community, the West, and conservation
• Proficiency at creating engaging media content, including short videos, online, and print
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Capability to work/travel independently and as part of a team
• Familiarity with hunting, ballistics, and wildlife ecology
• Background with marketing and communications preferred, but not required
Please Email Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com