Headwaters Corporation is seeking an experienced behavioral ecologist to join a team that conducts interdisciplinary research with a focus on implementation of the Platte River Recovery Implementation Program (PRRIP). Apply your research skills to improve large-scale habitat management for endangered species. Enter a unique working environment where the energetic culture of a small, fast-paced, interdisciplinary research group intersects with one of the most successful collaborative endangered species recovery programs in the nation. Connect cutting-edge science to decision-makers responsible for endangered species management and restoration program governance. Invest your time in making a difference.
Minimum of M.S. in Fisheries & Wildlife, Animal Ecology, Behavioral Sciences, Landscape Ecology, Ornithology, or related technical field.
Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience. Strongly prefer candidates with at least 5 – 8 years of directly relevant experience.
Highly Desirable Characteristics:
• Mature judgment, initiative, imagination, resourcefulness, energy, tact, and integrity.
• Effective communicator with team mentality.
• Demonstrated skill in writing for both technical and policy-level audiences.
• Experience that includes team management and establishing processes for integrating multiple data sources into a single evaluative process.
• Experience designing and implementing field monitoring studies.
• Experience making careful observations of animal behavior under field conditions.
• Experience utilizing locational data together with landscape characteristics to draw conclusions about habitat suitability.
• Broad-based background in behavioral ecology (animal behavior and movement, migration ecology, population dynamics, wetland and shore bird ecology).
• Working knowledge of methods for collection of animal behavior data and statistical principles of research design and analysis.
• Knowledge of current literature and methods for study of migratory birds.
• Facility with online database management, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), R statistical packages, and ArcMap.