The Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML) has an open Environmental Compliance Subject Matter Expert position located in Washington D.C. For full position details and to submit application materials, please visit:
Emailed or mailed applications will not be accepted.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
This position is a Subject Matter Expert in environmental compliance and current contamination issues (and in particular Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances [PFAS] providing technical support to Army National Guard Headquarters (ARNG HQ). Support to the position may be from a remote location. ARNG HQ is located in Washington DC.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications in the announcement to be considered for hire. Apply no later than September 21, 2020, 11:59 pm (MT) for full consideration at jobs.colostate.edu. Mailed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Upload each of the items below individually as a Word Document (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birth dates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
1) Statement of Qualifications (one-page letter addressing each qualification described in the announcement) uploaded in the ‘Cover Letter’ slot.
3) Transcripts (for each degree earned that is listed under qualifications) uploaded in the ‘Official Transcripts’ or ‘Unofficial Transcripts’ slot.
4) Degree Conferral (copy of diploma if transcripts do not include confirmation that degree was awarded) uploaded in the ‘Other’ slot.
5) Certifications pertinent to position uploaded in the ‘License/Certifications’ slot.
6) References – please include within your application contact information for 3 professional references including at least one supervisor.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States by proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Must have a valid and current driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
Applicants must have a B.S. degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, Toxicology or a related field plus 8 years of experience supporting environmental compliance restoration programs.
Applicants must have familiarity with the Installation Restoration Program, Defense Environmental Restoration Program (DERP) eligible sites and Compliance-related Cleanup (CC) sites of the Army Environmental Strategic Cleanup program within ARNG.
Experience with PFAS and associated contaminants is required.
Experience with technical review of environmental documents, developing and presenting briefings and environmental cleanup instruction.
Experience with funding request support services, Operational Range Assessments and Restoration Technical Project Management support is beneficial.
Experience with execution and coordination of Preliminary Assessments and Site Investigations (PA/SI) is helpful.