Looking for a great opportunity to gain experience working in the Environmental field? We are looking for technicians to support Natural Resources based projects in the Midwest specializing in environmental construction oversight and monitoring. You will also assist with wetland and threatened and endangered species issues, and state and federal environmental permitting. Interested candidates must commit to extensive travel (80-90%) with all travel needs provided by the company. Typical work schedule is four-weeks on the project site and one week off at home.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work independently in the field with limited immediate oversight
· Conduct environmental construction oversight/monitoring while working with multiple other consultants while maintaining aggressive project schedules
· Conduct threatened and endangered species habitat assessments, site investigations, ecological surveys and wetland delineations
· Interpret data collected in the field
· Keep deliverable schedules and adhere to budgets
· Assume responsibility for direction of one or more technicians during a specified field effort or project assignment.
· Stay current with applicable regulations related to construction oversight
· Perform environmental field- and office-based studies for flora and fauna surveys, avian surveys, wetland delineation and determination, as well as the production of construction documents and specifications.
· Perform ecological modeling and assist with natural features assessments, threatened & endangered species surveys and permitting, wetland delineation and permitting, and ecological monitoring.
· Assist with design and management of bat studies including acoustic and mist net surveys.
· Prepare graphics, data, written reports/documentation and presentations.
· Assist project managers and team leads with project management, coordinating field staff and ensuring project deadlines are met.
· Requires intermediate to advanced knowledge of Central US native and invasive plant identification.
· Support business development and marketing for Natural Resource services in the Central US.
ECT is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary natural resources and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelors preferred with 1-3 years of experience in construction oversight, SWPPP, wetland and stream issues, environmental permit compliance in the Midwest/western United States, field- and office-based studies for flora and fauna surveys, avian surveys, and wetland delineation and determinations.
· Renewal energy experience preferred.
· Previous environmental construction support job experience preferred
· USFWS Threatened and Endangered Species permit-holder preferred.
· Wildlife identification, threatened & endangered species survey/permitting, and wetland delineation/permitting desired.
· Maintain a valid driver's license and clean driving record
· Strong technical knowledge base in environmental oversight, wetlands, and wildlife
· Strong environmental permitting experience (401/404 permitting)
· Technical report writing
· Communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
· Exceptional verbal, interpersonal communication skills, and expertise regarding construction oversight
· Able to travel extensively (80-90%) to provide oversight at construction sites, conduct fieldwork, and client meetings
· Be a positive member of the team and encourage communication and coordination across ECT offices and service lines.
· Be a mentor and active member of the team in terms of technical training, product quality and health and safety