Come work in swamp and bayou country at Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center. We are a Platinum LEED facility with award-winning education programs! Programs are offered in our organic garden and in the 225+ acres of bayou, cypress-tupelo swamp, forest, and meadows. This demanding position requires initiative, self-direction, organizational skills, a positive attitude and a great sense of humor. Check our website at www.shangrilagardens.org.
• Must be able to commit to the entire time period: June 1, 2019 through May 31, 2020
• Work week is Tuesday through Saturday, with additional work on evenings and Mondays
• Assist with and support summer camp activities
• Teach daily school curriculum-based field trips for local school students, grades pre-K through 8 from September to May
• Provide guided interpretation during Outpost Tours (boat tours) for the general public and group tours
• Participate in outreach programs to local schools, libraries and organizations throughout the year
• Develop and teach public programs
• Provide project management (planning and implementation) on assigned projects
• Assist with event planning and implementation on assigned events
• Learn local flora and fauna in order to support a wide range of nature science programs
• MUCH MORE!
• Paid group medical plan coverage beginning 8/1/2019
• Reimbursement for local travel
Job type: Full-time temporary, duration 6/1/19 – 5/31/20
Salary Detail: $12/per hour
Deadline: April 22, 2019
Email cover letter, resume, three references, and a letter of character and integrity from someone who has known you for at least two years to Sarah Wester at email@example.com. Please put Environmental Education Intern in the subject line.