The Environmental Educator will be responsible for delivering high quality, experiential environmental education programs and lessons to audiences of all ages and assist with organizational details and logistics involved in delivering these programs.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead implementation and delivery of community and school environmental education programs that align with Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
• Assist with curriculum design, program promotion, pre-program communication, development of props and materials, and program evaluation.
• Assist with other program areas as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Solid understanding of environmental education standards and philosophy.
• Specific knowledge and experience regarding bird identification, bird banding, ornithology, and natural history of the Front Range desired.
• Attention to detail, excellent time-management and organizational skills, sound judgment under pressure.
• Ability to communicate with clarity and conciseness to individuals and groups; convey respect, assistance, and resourcefulness, in a friendly manner.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, life sciences, environmental interpretation, or education (or equivalent experience), with one year of working experience in a related field required.
• Experience leading informal environmental education/interpretation programs to diverse audiences, including children.
• Experience working with volunteers.
Please send cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Environmental Educator by January 21, 2018.