Nature’s Classroom Institute (NCI) is a non-profit outdoor environmental education organization providing innovative, multidisciplinary instruction to students in 1st through 8th grade. We implement many effective and diverse 3-day and 5-day programs to our local community schools. We are currently seeking college graduates with a strong commitment to children and the environment to join our team and teach in a supportive and energetic program.
• Develop your skills as a teacher and naturalist under the guidance of experienced NCI staff.
• Choose lesson topics based upon your own personal interests and educational background.
• Teach on a 1:12 ratio in multiple natural settings.
• Develop your own curriculum or adapt any of the hundreds of lessons from the NCI Handbook to suit your own instructional style.
• Facilitate teambuilding initiatives and low-ropes challenges.
• Participate in group activities such as cultural and historical simulations, character development programs, and land stewardship projects.
• Take the opportunity to become part of a supportive, diverse community.
Our environmental educators come from across the United States and around the world!
This unique opportunity involves teaching at and traveling between 2 diverse sites in Florida, during the 2020 spring season. Visit discovernci.org to learn more about the individual sites in Texas, California, Florida and Wisconsin.
Salary: $325/week; Accommodation provided. Meals provided during programming.
Contract Date: 4-month commitment; January 18th, 2020 – May 15th 2020.
Please send resume and cover letter to Britta Wood at Britta@discoverNCI.org. Interviews will take place via phone until positions are filled.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; strong commitment to children and the environment; creativity; adaptability; interest in motivational learning, community awareness, and conservation of natural resources; CPR/First-Aid Certified.