Environmental Educator Position
Make a difference in Florida! Join our WaterVentures Florida’s Learning Lab team and deliver top quality environmental education programs to the citizens and youth of Florida. Team members will visit schools, special events and festivals throughout the state of Florida. Educators will share the wonders of Florida’s water story through outdoor guided labs and state of the art interactive exhibits.
This Environmental Educator Position aims to attract hard-working individuals with a commitment to enhancing the future of Florida’s environment. Training will include mentoring by seasoned educators and immersion into the environmental education field. This outreach program has been developed in partnership with Crystal Springs Foundation, Inc. (CSF). For more information, visit our CSF website at www.crystalspringsfoundation.org or www.waterventures.us.
The Environmental Educator Position applicant should demonstrate the following:
• Minimum of a Masters Degree (Bachelor’s Degree will be considered with relevant experience)
• Applicant will be required to travel with the Mobile Learning Lab for duration of the position and work on a flex schedule.
• Applicant should have strong communication and public speaking skills
• Applicant must be confident, self-motivated, outgoing and capable of working as a team member
• Teaching/ public speaking experience a plus
• US Citizen
• Teach hands on, directed learning, environmental science activities in an exciting and dynamic manner
• Setup and breakdown exhibit daily
• Maintain equipment used in educational programs
• Represent the organization at community and professional events
• Maintain safety of guest during school visits and events
• Applicant must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Applicant should be physically fit and able to interact with students and stand for extensive periods of time
• Applicants should be able to tolerate the typical Florida climate and be prepared to work in/out side
Educator Position Details:
• Access to staff vehicle
• Housing will be provided throughout the duration of the position
• Food stipend provided
• Annual contract with full-time salary
• Start Date – Fall 2018
Final terms of employment will require: social security card, current driver’s license with good driving record, Level II background check, drug screening, and non-smoker.
Email Resumes and References to:
Helen Scott, Admin Manager