Perennial Environmental Services (Perennial) is actively seeking a motivated person for an environmental field technician position in Houston, Texas. Perennial is a rapidly growing environmental consulting firm that provides a variety of ecological and environmental inspection services to clients throughout the country.
This individual will be responsible for conducting patrols of utility rights-of-ways, construction stormwater inspections, assisting with environmental surveys, and performing other duties at the direction of the field manager. The primary function of the position will be conducting integrity monitoring foot patrol inspections to observe and report on-site conditions that may affect safe operations of underground pipelines. Training will be provided and no prior experience is necessary.
The position will primarily mobilize to/from the field from Perennial’s Houston office daily but will require some overnight travel (typically, 2 nights every other week to the Beaumont area).
Benefits: This position is a full-time hourly position. Selected candidate is eligible for employer matched 401(k), medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and other benefit offerings.
If you would like more information about Perennial and the services we provide, please visit our website at www.perennialenv.com.
Interested candidates are invited to send an application letter with a resume contained in one document labeled with the applications name to email@example.com quoting “Field Technician” in the subject field.
Perennial Environmental Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
• High school diploma or GED
• Valid driver’s license with demonstrated safe driving record
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Basic MS Office Applications and computer operations skills.
• Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in remote field settings
• Ability to perform physical activities working outdoors in adverse weather conditions including exposure to extreme heat, cold, rain and other adverse weather conditions.
• Perform tasks only qualified to do by the Company and Client Operator Qualification program (OQ)
• The position requires pre and periodic screenings including drug testing (as outlined by the Department of Transportation and Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration), motor vehicle record (MVR) checks, criminal history checks, and other background checks and verifications.
• Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.