The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) builds and operates a fascinating array of infrastructure across the state, but project success requires careful coordination and planning to ensure the best possible environmental outcome. Join us as we build on our reputation for leadership in environmental stewardship. As an Environmental Generalist, you will support the Office of Environmental Stewardship (OES) with specialty projects and processes that affect multiple office functional areas. This will include:
• Help to build a program for tracking and delivering environmental commitments
• Support environmental review for facility construction projects and other specialty projects
• Assist with environmental monitoring field work as needed
APPLY ONLINE BY 10/28/2021:
1. Go to www.mn.gov/careers
2. Click “External Applicants”.
3. On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “49549” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
4. Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
5. Click Apply.
6. When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – Texas A&M.
Note: Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
One year of professional experience in an environmental science field such as vegetation management, stormwater management, environmental monitoring, ecology, wildlife biology, fisheries, forestry, arboriculture, wetland conservation/mitigation, historic preservation, archaeology, environmental review, landscape architecture, regulated materials management, or contaminated soil/groundwater management.
Two years of advanced clerical experience in the fields described above.
** A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental Science or equivalent substitutes for one year of professional experience.
Either qualifying scenario above must demonstrate the following:
• Ability to read and comprehend program-related bulletins, manuals, rules, etc., sufficient to respond to factual/procedural inquiries and to interpret and apply them to determine program eligibility and compliance.
• Ability to track and coordinate numerous projects and schedules and to coordinate involvement of numerous contributors to those projects.
• Experience creating processes and procedures.
• Ability to create word processing documents, spreadsheets and presentations using systems such as Microsoft office tools.